The sweetest potato.
The sweet potato is crammed full of nutrients as well as being high on the comfort scale. I like to roast it hasselback style, topped with chopped chillies, salt and fresh rosemary. Like this it’s the perfect side to steaks, stewed chicken or even a hearty slow cooked lamb shank.
If you fancy going hasselback style with your next sweet potato, don’t forget my top tip for cutting it...
Take two wooden spoons with the same width handle and place them either side of the potato, before cutting down through in to the potato time after time to create slices. The wooden spoons stop you going right the way through, so the potato fans out nicely and stays all together during baking. Easy.
- 4 sweet potatoes, pierced
- A bunch of fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped just before using
- Fresh red chillies, finely chopped just before using
- Sea salt
- Cooking olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven).
- Cut your potatoes (see the tip) and place on a baking paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle with a little oil and place in to the oven to roast.
- In the last 10 minutes scatter the tops and now fanned out insides of them with rosemary and salt, return to the oven.
- When they’re done remove from the oven and finish with fresh red chilli, more salt and rosemary and serve.